Sunday, April 27, 2014

Tuesday, December 17 2013 Birthday lunch!

My baby turned 6 on this day!! As I mentioned in this post, December is suuuuuper busy for us, so pretty much all other lunches were 'normal.' My birthday was actually the day before this lunch, and Squirrel shares this birthday with my MIL!


For Squirrel's lunch, I made a three-layer sammie 'cake.' I cut the bread with a flower cookie cutter, and it had layers of peanut butter and chocolate frosting, the top layer has peanut butter securing pink and purple sanding sugar, with toothpick 'candles,' and the six made out of pearl sprinkles. We did have a discussion before-hand about pulling out the toothpicks before eating the cake. She did not have an issue, so don't worry! Sliced peaches, applesauce, and grape balloons. I'm pretty sure there's sprinkles in the pink tub.


I wrapped the containers with peaches and applesauce in her wrapping paper from her party the previous weekend. I hand-cut the ribbons and bows from fruit leather. 


After searching for weeks I finally found this fabric to make her napkin for her birthday lunch! Every fabric store I went to had lots of cake, ice cream, and cupcake fabrics, but none that actually said 'Happy birthday.' I found one, single fat quarter on ebay, and it was shipped in about three days. I'm hoping to use it for each birthday lunch for as long as she lets me!


Everyone have a happy New Year! Hopefully 2014 will be full of magic for everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment