Sunday, April 27, 2014

October 2013 lunches

It appears I only took pics of five lunches in October, so I'll just include them all in one post for your reading pleasure.


I can't find a date for this lunch, so it's a bonus! Turkey and cheese jack-o-lantern sammie w/ ghostie facial features, grapes, and probably a few candies in the green tub. The apples/ peanut butter/ marshmallow conglomeration was my attempt at making a 'monster mouth' apple sandwich. Fail. The picks are actually stir sticks from the Dollar Spot at Target, they say 'Drink me' on the other side, which was a bit odd for a lunch so I pulled that sticker off and replaced it with a pumpkin sticker. The ghosties were cut with two different sizes of tulip cookie cutters, used upside-down.

Friday, October 4, 2014


Squirrel got a kinda black-cat sammie attempt. Used peanut butter to secure black sugar sprinkles to it, but I've got to figure out a different way as I'm not happy with how it turned out. She loved it, so it worked :) She also got dried cranberries, cheese balls, and yogurt. Not sure what's in the tubs, but I'm thinking sprinkles for the yogurt, and maybe a few Halloween candies? I sent the rest of the bag of rings in with her for her class, I guess they had a blast with them!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

I plan the potlucks for my team at work, so I tend to work themes into so I can incorporate part of what I make into lunches. For our Halloween potluck, I made mummy dogs (weiner wraps, but I made eyes of mustard on the ones for work) and left a few at home for us.


Squirrel got a mummy dog, ketchup in the panda pot, and a Halloween sandwich cookie cut in half on the right. On the left is 1/2 a cheese stick, grapes, and leftover corn (that she didn't eat, if I remember correctly). Applesauce with cinnamon on the side. The pink container is made by Sistema. They are a company out of New Zealand, and I love their products. I have multiple containers all over my house of theirs. We use them for lunches as well as all my baking supplies. Funnily enough, I got this one from Old Navy, but have found them at World Market and the Container Store as well. Angus ended up eating this pink one, but I happen to have purchased an identical one (just clear plastic w/ a pink gasket) for myself that she sometimes uses now.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013


This lunch was a bit sweet-heavier than I normally pack, just as a treat for Halloween. Her sandwich was a peanut butter and Nutella fairy sandwich, with Halloween sprinkles in the holes, grapes, carrots, and Jell-O 'blood' in the coffin. She got an applesauce packet and chocolate milk on the side.  




Here's a view of the Jell-O 'blood'-filled coffin, with sprinkles. I broke down that 4tsp Jell-O powder + 1/4 cup boiling water + 1/4 cup cold water was great for making just a small amount. I think it filled the coffin, and a few silicon baking cups. I had purchased one package of the applesauce pouches, then tried to refill them with my cake decorating tips and it just never worked, so I ended up buying refillable food pouches. I also no longer use those reusable juice boxes as they either leak or we lose the straws. She uses a Thermos or water bottle.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!! My monster was Princess Merida from the movie Brave, but it rained here so she didn't make out too hot :(  Loved her lunch, tho!


She had some sort of sammie, supposed to be a black cat. Used decorating gel after my disastrous sprinkle cat earlier in the month. Also a fail. She got caramel corn, apple ghosties (upside-down tulip cutter) with pumpkin pie dip (made for a potluck, haha), grapes, and carrots. Also had cranberry juice 'blood' in the juice box. 

*all opinions in this post are my own. I am not sponsored, nor do I receive any affiliate benefits or anything free for review of these products. I purely saw them in other places, and purchased them for my own use.*





No comments:

Post a Comment