Sunday, April 27, 2014

First bentos of 2014

Pretty sparse for pics for 2014 thus far, but I found a few from Valentine's Day. Not sure what happened, but somehow pics got distorted and appear square rather than rectangular like they actually are.


Squirrel got a marshmallow fluff and Nutella fairy sandwich, with sanding sugar in the hole, strawberries cut into hearts with a cute kitty fork (she's been obsessed with kitties most of her life), a carrot heart, and applesauce with a cinnamon heart. To make the heart, I held a cookie cutter on top of the applesauce, and sprinkled the cinnamon inside with a spoon. I was afraid it would be too much, but she loved it. There's a few heart-shaped jelly beans in the pink tub.


Bear normally packs his own lunch, but for today I did. He got a turkey and cheese pocket fairy sammie w/ provolone and a smaller bread heart secured with mayo in the hole. He also got mandarin segments, heart strawberries, carrot hearts, and heart-shaped jelly beans.

The two containers are actually mine and Bear's, they're typically a bit too big for squirrel. We got them from Uwajimaya. I don't get to go nearly as often as I'd like to because it's quite a ways away from my house, but we're out on that side of town a few times a year, and I end up going a bit overboard when I'm there, so it may be a good reason we don't live closer!

*all opinions in this post are my own. I am not sponsored, nor do I receive any affiliate benefits or anything free for review of these products. I purely saw them in other places, and purchased them for my own use.*

No comments:

Post a Comment