Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Warren of Easter lunches 4/14 - 4/18/13

Bentos are back with a vengeance! Woot woot! Got lots of time to recoup, lots of new ideas, and made some new napkins, which make an appearance next week.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Bunnies, bunnies, bunnies!


Squirrel got a bunny PB&J sammie, grapes and strawberries on Easter pics, a carrot heart, club crackers under the carrot cup, and three mini sandwich cookies in the turtle egg. She has a smoothie and juice box on the side. Her smoothie is about 2/3 carrots and broccoli, with fruit and yogurt added to disguise the veggies and creamify it. I fill the large mixing cup of my Magic Bullet, blend it until it's smooth, then fill it again because there'll be more room at this point. I only fill each food pouch about 1/3 - 1/2 full because they're given with other food and they hold a lot of smoothie! One cup is enough for 4 smoothie pouches, or 3 pouches and 1 little cup that she'll drink in the car Monday for breakfast. The other days of the week she has breakfast at daycare and they take her to school. 

Tuesday, April 15, 2014


It's bunnies and bunny food everywhere! A turkey sammie carrot. She got a bunny-shaped hard-boiled egg w/ salt in the bunny pot. She's not really been a fan of hard-boiled eggs in the past, but I've heard that a child needs to be introduced to a food something like twenty times before they'll eat it, so I'll still try. I have a few different egg molds to try to make it more enticing! She also got strawberries with a bunny fork, applesauce in the Easy Lunch Boxes Little Dipper w/ cinnamon and springtime sprinkles in the carrot container up top. Accompanied by her standard smoothie up top!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014


Here's the first appearance of the meal replacement shakes that I'd photographed. Not a fan of them, so of course she loves them. Until she starts eating more produce willingly our agreement is that she can have one once a week. Today she got a turkey dog cut into bunnies, ketchup to dip, grapes, popcorn in the carrot egg, with a yogurt tube on the side. 

Thursday, April 17, 2014


This lunch was a little blah because I didn't feel all that fantastically,but I still think it turned out pretty cute. Unfortunately, she only her smoothie and a few carrots. I guess if she's only going to eat part of her lunch, she ate the healthy parts, right?

She got a chick grilled sammie, with turkey under the cheese. The eyes were sprinkles from a fall bottle, and the beak is a little bit of crust pressed into the cheese while it was still melty. Grapes and carrots with her smoothie. I'm sure I stuck a drink in there, just not sure what it was :)

Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Easter! I've been so excited to do this lunch all week, since I saw this post from Biting the Hand that Feeds You. Time for an Easter egg hunt! So stinkin' cute!!




I think this is one of my favorite lunches ever! She got PB&J sammies (cut with a Funbites cutter), baby carrot slices, bunny apples, popcorn, and a marshmallow bunny. There's an ice pack wrapped in a napkin underneath, and her cloth napkin tucked to the side. The rings came from cupcakes from an alumni party for our dog training classes the previous night. Perfect timing!

Hippity hoppity happy Easter this Sunday!

*all opinions in this post are my own. I am not sponsored, nor do I receive any affiliate benefits or anything free for review of these products. I purely saw them in other places, and purchased them for my own use.*



No comments:

Post a Comment