Sunday, May 26, 2013

Gwakermalolee

Tonight's episode brought to you by the letter 'G!' (get it, guacamole...G...hardeeharhar)

Well, it's really a part of a five-layer dip I was coerced into volunteered to make for a work potluck the next day. My guac is legendary. No really, they've written songs about the delicious goodness that is my guac! Ok, might be exaggerating a touch, but only a little ;)

I doubled my normal recipe as I have to feed a horde of fourteen with it, rather than my usual six.

Best-ever guacamole

(I don't even know why I'm doing this as a recipe, I never measure the ingredients!)

3 large avocados (mine were freakishly tiny so I used 6)
1 tsp-ish salt
A few squirts of lime juice
1 tomato, diced (I used a Roma- they were on sale)
1/2 onion, finely chopped (I usually use purple, but I used yellow this time because for some reason, purple ones were only available in a bag of 8 at this grocery store and I wasn't driving all over town for a purple onion so I used what I had at home. My favorite farm stand closed down :( )
3 or so cloves garlic, minced
Jalapeño, minced, to taste (I didn't put any in this batch because it was a work potluck)
1 tbsp-ish fresh or dried cilantro (I used dried because the pup decided my garden was a free salad bar this year)

Peel and de-pit the avocados and plop them in a bowl.

Add your salt and lime juice.

Start smooshing up your avocados with a spoon, then mix in tomatoes, onions, garlic, & cilantro.







 My cilantro is in another picture because I completely forgot about it until I already started mixing.



You don't have any artificial preservatives in your guac, so make sure you store it in a container with plastic wrap right against it, no air space to avoid browning. Yummers!


And the five-layer dip I actually made it to be a part of:

No comments:

Post a Comment